Director or Associate Partner, Assurance, IFRS Professional Practice - Perth
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Balance work and passions through our innovative flexible work options
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
EY is the largest professional services practice in Perth and audits 75% of WA headquartered ASX 300 companies by market capitalisation. With more than 650 people, 110 partners and directors and a 165-strong audit practice, we have both broad capability and depth to serve our Western Australian clients, which cannot be matched.
We are looking for a Director or Associate Partner to join our International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Professional Practice team on a full-time basis.
Your key responsibilities
You will be part of a team of specialists that provide accounting and financial reporting technical solutions to our diverse base of clients. Your key responsibilities will include -
- Provide commercially minded solutions to problems based on your deep technical knowledge
- Showcase your skills by working on various types of transactions and product development
- Apply your technical and commercial expertise on all topics while further strengthening your specialisms
- Work on challenging assignments with a diverse base of clients which will further enhance your experiences
- Network within your field as a sought-after advisor who demonstrates business acumen
Skills and attributes for success
- Thorough knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS"), with a Chartered Accountant / Certified Practising Accountant (or similar) designation
- Previous challenging experiences in other similar functions of corporate accounting policy teams, other large accounting firms or accounting standard-setters. Your collective experiences will have already covered around 12 years
- Preferences to be made for those having experiences that demonstrate commercial acumen in analysing accounting issues and providing solutions, along with those having experiences in the mining sector
Who are Assurance?
Assurance is a promise, a positive declaration intended to give confidence. You can be part of the next big climate change initiative, work with the latest innovative forensic intelligence or provide robustness and clarity as part of an audit committee. EY teams deliver on providing that confidence to our clients and you can be part of that promise. Learn more about Assurance here - https://www.ey.com/au/aboutassurance
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.