Assistant Financial Controller
ASSISTANT FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
BATH AREA WITH PARKING
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum (flexible DOE)
Robert Half are working with a private sector business on the outskirts of central Bath who is looking for a dynamic and forward-thinking Management Accountant to join them, due to an internal promotions. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated and progressive individual who is seeking opportunity to be fully responsible for the timely delivery of management accounts, work closely with the Head of Finance to complete more senior level duties and help supervise the transactional team.
Their office in Bath is situated in Bath and has free parking. Their office culture is non-corporate and relaxed yet they are looking for a commercially minded individual to drive their new vision forward as they have recently gone through a period of restructure and change. You will be joining a team of career-driven colleagues and team-spirited colleagues, so it is essential that you display similar personality attributes.
Main duties for the Management Accountant role:
- Produce monthly management accounts and analysis for the business
- Reporting of month-end performance to Head of Finance and performance including P&L review and variance analysis
- Sales Ledger and Revenue reconciliations
- Aged debt analysis and process actions required
- Support Head of Finance and Performance where necessary
- Create forward-looking budgeting models and feed into the Group budgeting process
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Conduct regular bank reconciliations
- Support for external audit
- Adhoc reporting and data mining
- Ad hoc project work
- Other tasks commensurate with grade
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA part qualified - newly qualified individual is ideally
- Well-versed in accounts production, previous experience in a Management Accountant role
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced IT and Excel skills and confident with large volumes of data
- Happy to muck into a wide range of tasks including some transactional work
- Comfortable and experienced with working with different stakeholders
- A positive attitude and forward-thinking.
- Generous annual leave and wider benefits
- Working closely with and reporting into the Head of Finance so great exposure to more senior duties, such as group reporting, budgeting, management/delegation tasks as you progress
- Study support if wanted
- £30,000 - £40,000 salary
Interviews will be held ASAP so please don't delay in applying!
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.