Executive Assistant, Core Business Services, Singapore
As part of our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
You will provide comprehensive, quality administrative and support services for all of our EY member firms. Our ESS professionals span a wide range of vital roles, from administrative support to facilities management, creative design, tax return processing, file management and emergency preparedness.
Your key responsibilities
- Diary Management – manage and coordinate the diaries of 2 to 3 partners, use judgement in scheduling of meetings – determine purpose, minimum time required, best time zones for international virtual meetings. Also, to schedule external and internal appointments/meetings, conference calls, and videoconferences.
- Email Management – In-box management- screen emails, respond and/or action as necessary. Prepare action list of action items and issues, referring to relevant team member when appropriate. Coverage for other clients upon request (e.g. short-term absences /peak periods).
- Timesheets and expenses – prepare expense claims, adhering to accounts payable deadlines to eliminate late fees and prepare timesheets on a weekly basis for self and/or department, ensuring deadline is met.
- Travel – arrange and coordinate travel bookings, seeking the required approval/s prior to booking, prepare travel itineraries for each trip, including multi-leg, track and record all travel costs as needed or requested. Research, assist in obtaining passports, visas etc. Adhering to firm wide policy and tools.
- Relationship management and client services support – organize client visits and events as required. Compile, update and maintain client mailing lists using CRM, look up or track information on clients and or markets via Factiva and always ensure marketing information is available. You will also presenting marketing information to PEDD and engagement teams as required. Actively build and develop both internal and external relationships with clients and their EAs.
- Customized communications, meeting support (including Service Line and Town hall meetings) and roundtable support - You will assist to draft service line communications, prepare and/or amend correspondence or documents using EY standards, templates, firm branding and guidance. Manages administration of meetings and roundtables including issuing of invitations, documentation collation, agenda preparation, monitoring of attendance, circulation of agenda and pre-reading and minute taking. Liaise with and support team as needed on process and execution of meeting materials. Contact point for pursuit documents.
- General - Ensure adequate logistics set up (phone, desk) for new Partners and starters in team and brief them on administration matters (i.e. required stationery, filing systems). Order business cards and other supplies/gifts/flowers when appropriate. Prepare payment requisition forms using the Payment Requisition Database, seeking the required approval/s for payment. Manage or coordinate small projects providing cost-effective solutions. Develop and maintain hard and soft filing systems in accordance with Records Management best practice guidance. Review work of and actively support junior or less experienced EAs.
Skills and attributes for success
- Take ownership of phone enquiries, referring the client on to the appropriate team member who can assist where necessary
- Take an active interest in own personal performance development, including initiating regular meetings with counsellor to discuss goals and work in general
- Liaise and work with EAs in the team, and the broader EY network
- Leverage strong working knowledge of applicable firm and service line quality, risk, and confidentiality policies and guidelines and reinforce with others
- Proactively update clients on progress of administrative matters
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS office applications
- Ability to multi-task as well as work independently and under pressure
- Strong organizational skills and is also a team player
- Detail oriented and possess initiative
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum Diploma or Private Secretarial Certificate with 5 to 6 years of relevant experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior working experience in global professional services organization or mid-tier firms
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.