Analyst - Financial Analytics, Center of Excellence (CoE)
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Financial Analytics Center of Excellence (FA CoE) Team
At Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE), we are reshaping the future of finance by building a world-class Financial Analytics Centre of Excellence team based in Kuala Lumpur. The CoE’s vision is to enhance value creation by providing more robust and timely analysis to help drive optimum tactical & strategic business decisions .We are looking at innovative solutions to streamline processes, enhance systems and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We want to build best-in-class practices within BHGE, setting the stage to become the preferred place any finance professional wants to work. This is the kind of work we drive and now you can play a part to be a catalyst for change.
Reporting to our London UK-based Corporate HQ, the CoE spearheads new ways of working for the business in BHGE, driving value creation via standardisation and capabilities built on robust processes and leveraging cutting-edge technology. Being a part of COE analyst team, you will work alongside financial professionals and engage business leaders, gaining opportunities to grow and develop a strong foundation for your career.
The role we are looking for will be responsible to support business functional leaders to make strategic decision on resources allocation & cost actions. The position will be responsible to deliver day-to-day management reporting and variance analysis activities in a timely and high-quality manner
- Develop and produce standard reporting (e.g. template updates, charts), presentation materials; and cost analysis and reports to drive decision-making.
- Consolidate financial reporting packages with variance analysis and provide commentary and business insight for inclusion in monthly cost reviews.
- Be responsible for draft Closing Estimates (Pacing) during Monthly/Quarterly Closing Cycles through in-depth analysis of drivers
- Support planning session activities, working with HQ team and function leaders to consolidate annual budget forecasts, MRP + OP finalization, recasts, coordination on stretch/targets, validation of Hyperion uploads
- Operational support on CoE initiatives covering headcount, C&B, purchase services and liquidations budget, actual vs budget queries
- Provide & present analytics around cost-efficiency & productivity
- Support simplification and standardization opportunities around systems and process improvements
- Respond to stakeholder ad-hoc requests for data and reports in a timely, knowledgeable and flexible manner; liaising with globally-located functions and London Corporate HQ
Qualifications / Requirements
- 2-4 working experience or top-class fresh graduate. Work experience in a Financial Planning & Forecasting or Management Reporting & Analysis role preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or finance-related discipline and/or professional qualifications (CIMA,ACCA) – fully qualified or pursuing currently
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including the ability to perform lookups, pivot tables and formulas/macros.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to organize and analyze large datasets
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle) for experienced professionals preferred
- Clear thinking with fundamental analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Demonstrated strong communication skills in English both verbal and written, including ability to engage with colleagues; ability to understand and explain business and financial terms and concepts
- Positive “can-do” approach
- Able to work under pressure, flexibility to handle the challenges and critical reporting/planning cycles
- Adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Team player: able to work with peers and across different cross-functional teams and contribute to a positive environment
Nice to Have
- Experience with data mining or planning applications (e.g., Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion, SAP BW or other Business Intelligence tools).
- Experience with large datasets as well as OBIEE, SQL, and/or similar data mining tools.
- Experience with data visualization tools (eg. Power BI, Tableau)
- Experience in a MNC environment.
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.