Robert Half are currently working with an international organisation who are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their team on a permanent, full-time basis.
The main purpose of this role is to assist with the smooth running of the department, ensuring that all tasks are properly completed on time, accurate and to a professional standard.
Key responsibilities include:
- Purchase Ledger
- Sales Ledger - raising invoices & debtor management
- Associate Expenses - managing, checking and providing payments
- Month End - Creating GL Journals, reconciling Balance Sheet accounts, checking and ensuring timely closure
- Reporting - timely reporting to internal/external customers to support project planning and analysis.
- Support Budgets and Forecasts
- Fixed Asset Management including conducting Fixed Asset Audits
- Providing VAT information and completing VAT returns
- Creating payments through the banking system
- To complete the relevant National Statistics information
- Assist the Finance Manager with developing systems and dashboards to support the Direct Associates with Project budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Receive and inspect goods (some lifting & bending involved)
- Co-ordinate Import and Export process
- Supporting with department projects and activities
- General tasks including stationery ordering, filing, visitor and meeting/event administration
- Travel to Reading involved
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong finance skills - role is 70% finance, 30% admin
- Experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, supporting with month end, reconciliations, administration and compliance
- A positive attitude - varied role so must be happy to pick up a variety of duties
- A valid driving license and the ability to commute to Reading
An international organisation with a supportive work environment and plenty of opportunities for self development and career growth. This role will involve travel between their Swindon and Reading offices.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time permanent role earning between £24,000 and £30,000 pa DOE working as an Accounts Assistant. Benefits include flexi-time, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and pension.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.