About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Project Accountant to join our Major Projects team to work in Avonmouth, Bristol.
- To assist in the delivery of financial performance including providing assistance in the preparation of primary and associated financial statements, analysis of variance to budget/forecast and the effective management of underlying ledgers.
What you'll be doing
As, Project Accountant, you will be responsible for the following:-
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts including profit and loss account, balance sheet, cash flows, variance analysis, key performance indicators and supporting commentaries in line with agreed SLA and reporting deadlines;
- Assisting in the preparation of periodic forecasting including profit and loss account, and cash flows
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the maintenance of management accounting processes and implement and communicate any required changes;
- Preparing and delivering supporting data and relevant analysis to the SBU teams to aid decision making in an effective and timely manner;
- Ensuring management and fiscal reporting are fully reconciled and aligned;
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the preparation and submission of all consolidated management accounts for SBU and Group Finance review and sign off;
- Leading, contributing to and supporting Projects as designated;
- Assisting with ensuring compliance with all finance processes, controls and regulatory framework.
- Proactively assisting in the identification of improvements (through root cause analysis), making recommendations and successfully implement new ways of working gaining the full support of stakeholders and colleagues alike;
- Managing, coaching and appraising colleagues under own scope of responsibility;
- Ensuring that all colleagues are motivated, develop and are led and managed effectively to meet the needs of stakeholders;
- Providing a high level of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Providing effective business partnering and relationship management;
- Secondary point of contact with Heads of Departments, FCs and FDs; primary point of contact for finance managers
- Providing general support to internal and external customers.
Who we're looking for
The following experience/qualifications are essential:-
- Qualified / Newly Qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA or equivalent);
- Intermediate / advanced Ms Excel, Ms Power Point and Ms Word;
- Strong accounting experience with a sound understanding of all management accounting disciplines;
- A good understanding and working knowledge of accounting and reporting systems including multicurrency ERP systems (preferably Oracle), applicable legislation and the statutory and regulatory framework;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Some experience of presenting
- The ability to challenge existing process, controls and delivery to improve performance;
- Demonstrable ability to support business planning in a shared service environment and to develop key processes and KPI/metrics to help evaluate and improve performance;
- Good understanding of construction industry and working in a multiple Operating Company environment with diverse stakeholder management;
- Experience of managing, developing and motivating colleagues;
- A continuous improvement mentality and project related experience;
- Awareness of Financial Reporting Standards and other developments within global accounting practices and the ability to apply within the company.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.