About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Contract Accountant to join our Living Places business unit to work in Hereford.
Responsible for all aspects of management reporting and financial control of the appointed contract(s) and as a member of the contract management team, contributing to the overall strategy and performance of the contract to meet agreed business and service objectives.
What you'll be doing
As, Contract Accountant , you will be responsible for the following:-
- Preparing monthly contract performance schedules, including profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow together with commentary and analysis;
- Preparation of contract quarterly forecasts, annual budget and input to 3YP:
- Proactively support and influence contract management;
- Preparation and monitoring of performance improvement plans (PIPs);
- Understanding and reporting on contract risks and opportunities;
- Reviewing and monitoring WIP and over-measure balances;
- Controlling WIP model and produce month end WIP/Overmeasure balances
- Preparation and reporting of activity analysis (service lines, pain/gain, lump sum, etc);
- Reviewing and controlling of contract stock;
- Calculating variances to POS model;
- Safeguarding the assets of the contract and ensure adequate and appropriate controls are in place.
Who we're looking for
The following experience/qualifications are essential:-
- Recognised Accountancy Qualification;
- Extensive post qualification relevant experience;
- Good financial & commercial acumen with knowledge of budgetary control, profit & loss accounts and financial reporting;
- Thorough knowledge and experience of risk management;
- Ability to analyse complex data with accuracy;
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word etc;
- Good communicator and strong inter-personal skills.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic place shaping agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the road to deliver the potential of the street: a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.