Assistant Finance Manager (6 Month Fixed Term)
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Finance Manager (6 MONTH FIXED TERM) to join our Rail team to work in NEWPORT.
What you'll be doing
As an Assistant Finance Manager (6 MONTH FIXED TERM), you will have the following accountabilities:
- Collation of cost information from COINS in order to report the period cost to the work package managers (Delivery Team);
- Co-ordination of input of accruals and pre-payments into accounting system to produce a project cost report for distribution to the project;
- Liaise with relevant members of the Project Administration team (Plant, materials and labour) in order to determine accurate costs for the period;
- Liaise with the Commercial team to obtain detailed information relating to the valuation of the work undertaken in the period;
- Work to exceed expected quality standards, comply with processes at all times and contribute to improvements;
- Pro-actively support the behavioural safety programme and the Sustainability 2020 Roadmap;
- Demonstrate the Balfour Beatty Values at all times;
- Contribute positively to the achievement of high performance across the team.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Part qualified accountant, or working towards accountancy qualification or qualified by experience;
- Able to use Microsoft Office with an intermediate level of competence in Excel for data manipulation/data input;
- Good standard of numeracy;
- Attention to detail;
- Able to analyse complex sets of data;
- Knowledge of COINS software;
- Significant management accounting experience in a project environment;
- Knowledge of the rail/construction industry.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.