The Financial Controller role is a key part of our Finance Leadership Team, focusing primarily on ensuring that month end close is smooth and accurate, the balance sheet is completely reconciled, and that our compliance requirements are delivered.
Michael Page Finance are delighted to be partnering a global travel company who are a subsidiary of an international group. My client inspires people through life changing experience and their vision is to be the world no. 1 brand in their market. Currently the business has two key brands and they provide specific offerings that are tailored to their target markets - world class, travel.
They are committed to sustainable and responsible travel, their people share their values in their commitment to maintain high standards of personal and professional ethics and demonstrate the groups values in everything they do.
A collaborative and entrepreneurial business with the backing of a global group, they work cross functionally to deliver consistent and effective strategies and objectives to drive results.
Based in their open plan, modern and vibrant offices in Chiswick the business they are looking to hire an ambitious and technically strong Financial Controller to join their finance team in a leadership role. The right candidate needs to have a balance of being hands on and hands off to oversee the development and delivery of the accounting controls team.
The Financial Controller will be a member of the Finance Leadership team and will be responsible for:
- Delivering accurate month end reporting in line with Group deadlines and teams globally.
- Collaborating with the CFO and Leaders to provide insights from variances between results (forecast, budget, YOY).
- Oversee delivery of balance sheet reconciliations under IFRS, managing risks and opportunities as required.
- Delivering all monthly, quarterly and annual tax and other regulatory returns.
- Lead and manage relationship with external auditors
- Management of global multi currency cash balances, including hedging.
- Manage external party relationships, including bank.
- Identifying areas of potential control risks and developing solutions.
- Continually improve the business processes and controls.
- Management and development of a small team of Financial Accountants and Accounts Assistants.
The successful Financial Controller will be:
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Have strong technical accounting experience
- Experience of improving controls
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver with tight deadlines
- Ability to motivate, inspire, develop and lead a team
- Able to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent knowledge of accounting best practice and IFRS, including foreign exchange.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience in a low margin high volume business/industry would be desirable
The Financial Controller will be based in their open plan, modern offices based in Chiswick. My client is offering a competitive base salary, plus a comprehensive benefits package.