Senior Finance Reporting Analyst
The role is the ideal opportunity for an large and successful finance services business based in Hove. The role will suit a part qualified candidate, studying ACA/ACCA/CIMA in a practice environment and looking to make their first step in industry within the Statutory and Regulatory Reporting Team for this excellent organisation.
The client products and services include investment management, lifetime mortgages , pensions, annuities, life assurance, and general insurance. It has operations in the United Kingdom and United States, with investment management businesses in the Gulf, Europe and Asia.
The team which this role falls in is made of 2 managers and 4 analysts who are all part qualified and studying or qualified accountants. Any part time candidate that takes this role on after leaving practice will be given full study support to complete their qualification.
The Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Completion of key deliverables for the statutory/regulatory reporting process for specific legal entities, as assigned by the Financial Reporting Manager. Contribute to the team's ability to deliver required financial reporting, along with supporting analysis, to Group Finance and other customers.
- Ensure reporting is performed to agreed levels of accuracy. Adopt a proactive approach to delivering innovative timescale and process efficiencies.
- Work with the Auditors from a financial reporting perspective and ensure all requirements are delivered to agreed quality levels.
- Apply IFRS technical knowledge to all reporting and ensure it is in line with new standards.
- Take a proactive approach to identifying process improvement opportunities both within and outside own team's processes; ensure ideas are raised, discussed and prioritised in appropriate forums.
- Collaborate with Financial Reporting Manager, Finance Change and other members of wider Finance community to drive improvements.
- Contribute on behalf of the reporting team as directed by the Financial Reporting Manager to group, business and internal projects. Provide insight on financial reporting processes, ensuring requirements are considered and included in project plans.
The Successful Candidate will be:
- Part Qualified and actively studying wither CIMA/ACA/ACCA
- Ideally looking to leave practice and move into their first industry role
- Experience with external reporting and statutory reporting
- Comfortable making process improvements
- Willing to take on a variety of Projects
- Happy to work in Hove
The successful candidate will have knowledge of:
- Best practice reporting processes
- Current IFRS reporting requirements and upcoming standards
- Financial reporting and analytical capabilities
- Ability to manage and structure large volumes of data for business insight.
The candidate can expect:
- An extensive range of benefits
- Full study support to complete a accounting qualification
- Opportunities to work from home
- 25 days' holiday
- private medical insurance
- discretionary performance related bonuses
- paid overtime