Manager - Accounting Advisory Services
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
A career in Audit at Deloitte & Touche Middle East is a key link in the financial reporting chain, putting you in the position of trusted advisor to businesses across the region. Your people skills will be required for the latter, while your analytical mind will be another integral requirement for success. You will need the flexibility to implement our international audit approach while bringing to the fore your understanding of the complexities and unique circumstances of our clients and the business landscape across our diverse region. All this while adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity and technical excellence.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity
During your tenure as a Manager in Accounting Advisory Services, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Management of client accounting related engagements, leading small teams. In some instances, leading Accounting Advisory Services input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Providing accounting support to transaction teams answering questions on technical issues and providing input for reports
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal Deloitte teams
- People, project management and performance development of the team
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and Deloitte individuals
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
- Participate and/or manage accounting advisory services agreements
- Ensure that the accounting advisory services engagement team understands the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well presented
- Ensure work is timely delivered and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Work with other service lines in providing an integrated service delivery
- Monitor the accounting advisory services engagement team's performance against the budget, and alter if necessary
- Identify and communicate relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client
- Consult with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues
- Participate in sales of new accounting advisory services work
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
- An undergraduate or master's degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major
- At least 4 years of experience working as an auditor for a public accounting firm and particular business/industry experience to meet special needs
- Strong advisory (selling) mindset
- CPA/CA/ACCA certification
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
- Strong technical accounting experience with IFRS
- Strong experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular IFRSs 9, 15, 16 and 17
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
- Experience of managing teams and project management
- Analytical ability, attention to detail, problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Fluent written and verbal English and Arabic communication preferred), experienced in developing and presenting accounting training courses
Deloitte in the UAE is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.