This leading, proudly local, company has become well embedded within the Auckland market over the last few decades positioning themselves as a market leader, providing excellent service and value to their clients. With a warm and positive working culture & a real "family" ethos, they are truly a great company to work for.
You will enjoy a broad role with a requirement for strong technical skills as well as the ability to partner with key stakeholders internally and externally, helping them to gain a deeper knowledge of the financials for their business units.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyse financial information and summarise financial status
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with team and client personnel
- Produce error-free accounting reports
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information
- Guide account manager and support staff by coordinating activities and answering questions
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents, where required
- Recommend financial actions by analysing accounting options
- Excellent Communication Skills - The ability to clearly explain the financial statements and requirements to non-accountants
- Experience with creating, reviewing and critically analysing financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- At least 3-5 years accounting experience
Like to Know More
To submit your details, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Craig Malcolm in our Auckland office on 09 977 9938 quoting Ref No. 9B/36794. Your interest will be treated in the strictest confidence.