Senior Consultant– Financial Reporting (HFS)
About The Role:
The Hedge Fund Services Financial Control Team supports all of our clients from a Finance, Accounting and Regulatory Reporting standpoint. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function as an effective and strategic leader in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment. This individual will have a strong technical accounting background with experience working within the Financial Services industry. The successful candidate will have a proven track record building audit teams with a strong interest in process optimisation/refinement.
- Coordinate preparation of financial statements and related disclosures for funds on a quarterly, semi-annual and/or annual basis
- Work directly with external auditors to ensure accuracy of each fund’s annual financial statements
- Work with onshore and offshore shared services teams to ensure timely follow up and completion of audit requests and queries
- Collaborate with other team members to build scalable financial reporting operations model.
- Lead roll out of Confluence across the HFS EMEA client base.
- Oversight of Annex IV/CBI Regulatory reporting production cycle.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Chartered accountant, CPA, CFA or equivalent desired
- Knowledge of hedge funds and other alternative investment structures
- Knowledge of financial reporting including US GAAP and IFRS financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Experience with financial statement production software such as Confluence
- Knowledge of financial products and related accounting
- Support audit requests - both fund and investor
- Client service experience
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.