Senior Management Accountant
This Senior Management Accountant role will report into the Finance Manager and will be responsible for all accommodation costs within the business, ensuring they are budgeted for and charged out correctly, along with the production of monthly and statutory accounts.
My Client is is a leading independent property consultancy in the UK offering agency and professional advice across Commercial, Residential and Rural sectors.
Established in 1896, it now comprises a global network of over 370 offices.
Senior Management Accountant responsibilities.
- Responsible the budgeting and forecasting process for accommodation costs with assistance from the Business Analysts.
- Responsible for ensuring that the accommodation costs are correctly attributed to departments and are reviewed monthly.
- Dealing with departmental queries from the Residential Development division.
- Ensuring Work In Progress reports are sent out to Residential Development departments on a monthly basis and that they are regularly reviewed.
- Assisting with the production of monthly management accounts to a strict timetable.
- Reviewing management accounts to ensure all costs have been correctly allocated to all departments and producing review notes for the monthly meeting.
- Assisting the other team members if they have any accommodation budget queries from departments.
- Managing the assistant & junior accountant and providing guidance and assistance where necessary.
- Carrying out the appraisals for the assistant & junior accountant.
- Production and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations ensuring that any differences are investigated and resolved.
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts.
- Completion of LLP VAT return on a quarterly basis.
- Tagging statutory accounts using iXBRL software.
- Liaising with auditors to ensure that all requested back up and analysis is provided.
Qualifications / Education Required:
- Nearly / Newly Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Management Accounts background essential.
Systems & IT competence:
- Experience of SAP preferential but not essential
- Good excel skills needed
- Aptitude to learn new systems quickly and explain them to others
Particular Aptitudes/Skills Required:
- Communication with all levels of the organisation
- Management experience essential
- Ability to delegate
- Ability to meet deadlines at key times in the financial year
- A high degree of accuracy is required
On offer to the right Senior Management Accountant candidate is an exceptional benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Private healthcare
- Great social events
- Christmas period off plus 23 days annual leave (Increases with service)
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted gym membership
- Excellent Central London Location
- Many more