Manager - Financial Advisory Services
Job Title: Manager - Financial Advisory Services
Reports to: Partner Financial Advisory Services
Directly Supervises: Reporting Teams
Indirectly Supervises: Engagement Teams
What does our Purpose mean?
- Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most— for clients, for our people, and for society
- We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth
- We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture
- We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
- Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Integrity - Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity
GENERAL JOB OBJECTIVE:
Focusing on the biggest risks to organisations, you will be part of a team that brings skills in data sourcing, analytics methods and tools and visual communication
KEY RESULT AREAS/PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBLITIES
- Engagement leadership: Effectively leading multiple large, complex work streams in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments.
- Business development: Building, commercializing and sustaining relationships with top management team members. The candidate is expected to be comfortable in sharing asset opportunities to clients and provide regularly input into horizon scanning activities.
- Risk management: Identify and manage risks to ensure that the firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively.
- Team development: Identify and accelerate leadership development in team members by establishing appropriate plans and frameworks with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer.
- Personal development: Participate in the career and skills development of more junior staff and acting as a role model for colleagues and clients by living the values of the Firm.
- Performance management: Coaching and mentoring junior staff in the department.
- Deliver quality services: The candidate is required to monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). The candidate should also to be proficient at managing multiple priorities.
- Advisory skills: You are to utilize your extensive skills and experience to provide advice as a trusted adviser.
INDIRECT SUPPORTIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support recruitment of new team members
- Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of data towards relevant communications to explain the value of the work completed.
- Assist in identifying and collecting data from financial systems and other related data sources.
- Assist in assessing and determining the techniques and tools to be used in collection, analysis and communication for a project.
- Apply selected analytical techniques and tools to achieve project outcomes.
- Evaluate and describe the reliability and utility of source information.
Information Security Role and Responsibilities
- Staff are responsible for ensuring that their activities are compliant with the Firm’s information security policies and partaking in any security initiatives or learning as directed by the Firm.
- To ensure proper and timely response procedures can be initiated, it is the responsibility of all staff to report suspected or known security incidents, including any observed or suspected breach of the Firm’s security policies.
- Staff on engagements are responsible to adhere with CIMP requirements of their engagements.
- Report any security incident to CCO.
Decisions taken without consultation with others
- On-going field work related decisions
- Discussing draft findings with process owners.
- Checking timesheets
- Checking normal conveyance vouchers.
Decisions taken in consultation with others
- Close-out meetings with head of department to discuss draft findings.
- Within department or organisation
Raising invoices and ensures cheques are adjusted against correct invoices.
Maintaining firm allocated laptop to senior consultant and floaters for the engagement in workable condition and in compliance with Deloitte policies.
Compliance with HR rules, regulation and inter-office memos including timely submission of timesheets, conveyance vouchers, appraisals forms and learning courses.
Human Resource Coordinator
Submitting the certificates relating to e-learning courses advised by Risk management and Independence monitoring function and Ethics and Compliance function of the Firm.
Outside the organisation
Client Key Personnel
On-going interactions with client key personnel to complete the engagement effectively and efficiently.
- Strong academic background with financial and accounting qualifications such as FCCA, ACCA Members, CA, CFA or equivalent.
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience in global accounting firms from which 4-5 years is post qualification
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of financial due diligence
- M&A processes and Restructuring Services particularly Financial Restructuring.
- Strong personal impact.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions.
- Evidence of working successfully with top management teams at clients.
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure.
- Ability to lead and operate in high performing and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong knowledge and experience in basic Microsoft Office applications (including Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Enthusiasm to work as part of a team based across multiple geographies and functions/departments to meet challenging client deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Last date to apply: 20th October 2019
You may review the JD on: https://www2.deloitte.com/pk/experienced-talent