Audit Assistant Managers - Public Sector
This Audit Assistant Manager role in a top 10 firm gives you the opportunity to work across clients from a wide range of sectors including local government, NHS, charities, education providers (universities, schools and colleges) and housing associations.
This is an international accounting firm driven by a purpose of building a vibrant economy, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive.
This is an external audit role in a Public Services sector focussed team.
Their 40% market share of the local government market, combined with their increased NHS market share, makes them the largest provider of public sector external audit services and ensures they are well-placed to add value and insight to their public sector clients.
Their third sector client base gives all members of the team an exciting and interesting mix of charities, education providers (universities, schools and colleges) and housing associations to work with. They have an active presence in the sector, with opportunities for all members of the team to get involved in business development and thought leadership projects.
What you'll be doing:
- you'll work as part of the team, leading on site audit teams, effectively providing a hands on compliance and/or advisory role that exceeds client expectations
- you'll prepare or review work papers and drafts of the financial statements
- you'll allocate work to other members of the audit team, ensuring associates understand their responsibilities and have received excellent on-the-job coaching preparing or reviewing work papers and drafts of the financial statements
- you'll produce commercial management reports, specifically drafting sections of the report to management
- you'll oversees all aspects of audit fieldwork and completion
- Professionally qualified (CIPFA, ACA, CA, ACCA)
- Experience of working on complex audits and delegating workloads accordingly
- Comfortable using audit software and Microsoft packages
- Ideally have previous experience of auditing NFP or public sector clients
Up to £47,000 and discretionary bonus.