Team Leader (Fees and Billing)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Limerick-based Head of London Non-Custody Fees, this role has been created to support our expanding International Fees Team in EMEA. This position has been created to support our expanding business in EMEA. The successful individual will lead a small team of fee billing analysts in the Limerick office.
The team will be responsible for the timely capture, recognition, billing and collection of non-custody service revenue, including high profile EMEA clients. This includes the calculation of the monthly revenue accruals and other control activities as part of the regional and global month end accounting close process.
- Undertake day-to-day leadership of a small team of fee billing analysts: management of team workload, allocation of responsibilities amongst individuals to ensure that internal SLAs, ad hoc projects and audit deliverables are met
- Demonstrate an ability to coach, mentor and lead the team: holding regular 1:1s and team meetings, providing candid and timely feedback, and setting clear and measurable goals and objectives for the team members
- Ensure that performance reviews and assessments are completed in line with company policy
- Facilitate staff development and enable career advancement plans for direct reports
- Demonstrate the ability/desire to share knowledge in the form of training, mentoring or coaching others
Review and Oversight
- Oversight and project management of a continued transition for a high profile and complex client across all EMEA jurisdictions
- Oversee and assist where appropriate in the calculation and validation of fees for all clients contracted, ensuring correct interpretation of documented arrangements
- Review and approve VAT invoices for all clients, payment instructions and banking entries for applicable clients and client static data set up and amendments
- Manage team production of invoices to ensure timely issue to clients and team collection of fee debtors to ensure timely receipt, escalating as appropriate
- Monitor the team email inbox to ensure all queries from the Business or Finance colleagues are responded to and resolved in a timely manner
- Supervise the calculation of accrued fees for the contracted entities to ensure revenue for all clients and services are recorded in the period due
- Work with the Business to ensure all new / terminated business is captured in full, correctly accrued and invoiced within agreed timelines
- Complete detailed analytical reviews and analysis of fee revenues as well as general ledger reconciliations as part of the month end accounting close process
- Build a strong control focus within the team and ensure individuals follow due process and apply documented controls across all BAU billing and collection processes
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all fee systems, controls and processes, ensuring that the team as a whole are competent and proficient in the use / application of the same
- Provide input to systems, controls and business process projects as required
- Work with the Governance Fee Group to ensure best practice is adopted and that a robust and efficient controls environment is in place around the capture of Ireland fees
- Work with direct and senior managers to identify, recommend and implement standardised process improvements
- Complete ad hoc work as required
- The ideal candidate will have gained their experience either in a multinational organisation a billing or accounts receivable function or have advanced to a similar level within an operations area of fund administration
- Alternatively a qualified accountant (preferable ACA / ACCA) with 1-2 years PQE and holding previous people management responsibilities
- Experienced background in a compliance focussed environment (knowledgeable of controls, procedures and regulations)
- Advanced level of IT skills is essential, notably excellent competency level with Microsoft Excel
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks and work to high level of accuracy in a busy environment
- Strong communication skills – ability to adapt communication style to direct reports, peers within different departments across the organisation and senior management
- Experience with delivering clear and concise status reports and messaging in a timely and consistent manner
- Leadership skills to manage a team of Analysts and Senior Analysts, review work of direct reports and provide feedback in a constructive style
- Foster a good sense of team spirit and collaboration, to lead by example and motivate staff to achieve required deadlines
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.