Staff Financial Analyst - 360??Finance - Claims team
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As Allstate's largest finance department, 360 Finance works across multiple areas of expertise to provide critical information that drives optimal business performance. We recommend creative solutions that guide strategies and improve operational results. Our work includes timely reporting, critical analysis, and essential financial projections as we collaborate with leaders across the corporation to make things happen.
As a Staff Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks. At this level, you may also be required to train and supervise the work of other analysts in addition to maintaining your own schedule. Some of your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Analyze and communicate financial results for key products, markets, and initiatives
- Develop compelling story lines, deepen client insights, and recommend creative actions that guide strategy and operations
- Formulate financial projections to predict and track performance, diagnose potential issues, and prompt corrective actions
- Ensure 360 Finance's credibility and reputation of high quality financial measurement, reporting, planning, and consulting by providing accurate, timely, and relevant financial insight to allow leaders to improve performance
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business recognizing how different data points fit together by integrating cross functional knowledge and/or sources
- Build in–depth storylines for financial updates to drive conversations with leadership to understand business implications of current trends
- Develop and lead effective presentations for large groups, often without relying heavily on numbers or methodology
- Manage moderately complex analysis projects addressing ambiguous business issues
- Collaborate with business partners to anticipate and identify emerging issues and assist in development and implementation of strategies
- Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance and our business partners by using fact–based, holistic, and forward–looking perspectives
- Inspire trust and confidence in clients through strategic and diplomatic handling of relationships
- A minimum of 2 years of financial analysis experience in an Insurance or Financial Services organization
- Advanced business knowledge (i.e.; deep financial skills/flow of the numbers)
- Strong working knowledge of financial and accounting concepts
- Advanced analytical and financial model building skills
- Intermediate consulting skills
- Strong work ethic, including ability to follow–up, focus on details and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement – personally and with work assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Advanced time management skills and organization skills with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word.
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands??.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life –– including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment–based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment