Advance your Finance and Accounting career at Liberty Mutual Insurance– A Fortune 100 Company!
The Reinsurance Operations Team provides accurate and insightful financial, analytical and claims information. We support the internal and external core reinsurance programs by providing a foundation to establish and enhance strategic product offerings through traditional and alternative reinsurance solutions for our global customers. Additionally, the Reinsurance Team safeguards company assets through proactive identification and management of reinsurance recoverables, the second largest Liberty Mutual asset.
As a Supervising Accountant, you are responsible for the thorough execution of bookclose and financial reporting processes in a deadline focused environment. Uses increasing expertise to manage the accurate completion of the team's assignments while developing the capabilities of teammates. Uses business acumen and strong analytical expertise to perform complex ad hoc analysis. Communicates financial results, accounting issues, trends, and business implications to senior management and other groups at the appropriate level of detail. Proactively leads increasingly innovative and complex efforts to continuously improve processes to ensure work is performed as efficiently as possible.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual book close cycles through effective planning, monitoring, and troubleshooting. Performs the most complex accounting activities.
- Create complex financial statement schedules using advanced technical knowledge. Review other team members schedules to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting regulations.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the new reinsurance system initiative.
- Continually assess the business value and efficiency of the work performed, identifying and implementing improvements. Initiate and/or lead increasingly complex projects and continuous improvement activities that may span beyond the scope of own teams responsibilities.
- Research and apply accounting policy to complex issues, communicating appropriately to senior management.
- Establish and document internal control procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Train others on financial systems and manages key interfaces and interdependencies. Make recommendations for enhancements to financial systems and associated processes, and participate in or lead their implementation.
- Manage team of five staff, including efficient onboarding, training, reviewing work and providing constructive criticism and guidance.
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting or Finance) required.
- CPA, advanced degree in Accounting, or knowledge of reinsurance preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting or finance experience.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast–paced work environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions to achieve results.
- Communicates well with own team and across organizational boundaries to create alignment and ensure the successful completion of shared goals.
- Comfortable leading meetings and able to communicate issues and trends to senior management and other groups at the appropriate level of detail.
- Possesses a solid understanding of accounting principles.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well–being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.