The successful Finance Analyst will provide an appropriate balance of support and challenge to the distribution management teams which will contrubute to achieving profitable business growth. The role will involve regular business partnering and data analysis.
Leading food and distribution business with offices across UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. Owned by a multibillion group, which comprises a family of specialist businesses that are able to deliver everything the caterer needs. It provides a professional, friendly regional service supported by a national network of 23 depots, which ensures it offers an exceptional and individual service all customers.
- Provision, analysis and interpretation of weekly and monthly reports to enable Distribution Centre performance to be monitored and enhanced
- Production of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Provide weekly flash and monthly forecasts of depot costs and volumes
- Reporting and monitoring of KPIs & volume on a weekly basis
- Close liaison with the Distribution Centre management teams to help identify trends, new opportunities, under performance and such other issues as may enhance the performance and profitability of the business
- First point of contact for Distribution Centre management teams for Finance related matters
- Assist in the production of robust budgets and forecasts
- Ensure compliance with Group policies and procedures to deliver tight financial control
- Involvement in ad hoc projects and queries as required by the Regional Finance Manager, and other senior Regional management
- To identify and resolve errors and discrepancies.
- To plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the department's monthly and financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- To create, develop and maintain accounting spreadsheets used in the Finance function.
- To champion a culture of process improvement and assist with the execution of change programmes
- To maintain departmental MI/SAP systems.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant who is looking to take the next step in their career
- Advanced level MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills and have the ability to liaise with both finance and non-finance individuals
- Ability to work alongside various senior stakeholders
- Experience in a fast paced and commercial working environment
- Accomplished interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
- Experience of a Distribution, Logistics or Manufacturing based industry is desirable
- Salary up to £45,000 with a car allowance of £5,500
- 25 days holiday alongside Bank Holidays + additional holiday purchase
- Discounts on products and services
- Clear career pathways and development
- Excellent rewards and recognition schemes
- Pension plan