Fraud Strategy Manager
36 Hours p/w
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Fraud Strategy Manager to lead a talented team responsible for prevention, detection and identification of multi-channel fraud across the Next Group
About the Role: -
The ideal candidate must be able to provide operational expertise, leadership and deliver strategic enhancements, as well as recognising optimisation opportunities.
Managing a team 3 Analysts that monitor, research and respond to fraud trends and attacks. Your role will be to inspire, develop and coach the team to success.
You will proactively be involved in leading changes as well as making any recommended department improvements, implementing industry “best practice” with the use of appropriate tools.
So, what will you actually be doing: -
- Own the relationship with Business stakeholders to ensure that fraud risks are mitigated whilst balancing fraud losses with customer experience.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Business. Act as a key contact for specialist area referrals to ensure threats identified are acted upon.
- Developing fraud rules and parameters within multiple systems to help prevent and detect fraud.
- Work closely with other areas as required to ensure controls and any appropriate system enhancements are in line with changes in fraud trends
- Owning the transactional fraud strategy systems and rules for a book of 2.5m active customers, validating that systems and controls adequately address fraud related risks
- .Lead and manage stakeholder meetings in relation to fraud management and controls
- Driving efficient fraud customer journeys through employing and fully utilising fraud tools and external vendor management.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of internal and external threats and developments in fraud detection methodologies and technologies and drive change when required.
- Utilising SQLand SAS (desirable) to optimise fraud monitoring systems and develop efficient reporting tools to present latest trends and insight with senior stakeholders
- Ability to define and implement new decision system strategies and perform ongoing analysis to monitor their effectiveness.
- Develop in depth knowledge of Next’s data sources and payment systems to gain insights into fraud patterns and define the fraud strategy.
- Provide Fraud subject matter expertise on new initiatives, markets and payment methods.
- Define, create, present and monitor key metrics, understanding the root causes of fraud.
- Tracking fraud related regulatory changes and ensuring they are implemented to stay compliant
About You: -
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a fraud strategy environment at management level is required, preferably in at least one e-commerce or payments organisation. A background in analytics using BIG data is also advantageous.
- Strong knowledge and experience of best practice in tackling fraud, both internally and externally.
- Ability to validate and provide assurance on machine-learning and data science techniques used for fraud detection
- Ability to analyse data, compliance processes and practices to draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Clear communicator, both written and verbal with ability to explain complicated matters in simple terms, negotiate and influence stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of general anti-financial crime framework: AML policies, procedures and control arrangements in a financial organisation
- Proven ability to plan and prioritise workloads whilst working to strict deadlines
- Experience working in a high paced environment with changing demands and prioritiesA work ethic with the desire to exceed expectations.
- Expert knowledge of fraud, financial crime and regulatory changes across payments and e-commerce
- Experience manipulating and analysing complex data with.
- Ability to absorb large quantities of data at speed, making the right decisions quickly when required with limited data availability
- A good understanding of PSD2 and current regulations is desirable
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closing Date: 4th Oct 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.