Investments Financial Analyst Internship
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Investments manages approximately $90 Billion of assets. Our goal is to provide sustainable, competitive, risk–adjusted investment returns and investment related services for the benefit of The Allstate Corporation. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers, and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. The size of the investment group exceeds 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including, fixed income, equities, private securities, commercial mortgages and derivative asset classes, as well as, finance and technology. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract and retain highly qualified individuals with strong academic backgrounds, a deep interest in investments and a desire to be challenged.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Internship in accounting, reporting, analysis and other investment operation functions
In alignment with corporate goals, specific responsibilities for an Allstate Investment Finance Intern may include:
- Analyze financial statements and prepare adjustments.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly investment reports to meet GAAP, Statutory and tax requirements.
- Verify the investment system interface with the corporate general ledger to ensure accurate accounting for investments.
- Work closely with other departments and assist in the processing and accounting for Investments.
- Review multiple systems and dashboards to monitor cash and time series data to ensure that it is being recorded accurately and consistently across the various systems.
- Apply cash settled at the custodian against the cash flow forecast in the accounting system.
- Confirm and allocate all trades for Bank Loans and coordinate all legal documents.
- Develop a general understanding of the loan close process and assist Loan Closers as needed.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree which reflects an interest in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related area of study.
- Working knowledge of the Investment Industry in general
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and a high degree of self–motivation
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and work assignments
- Analytical skills – strong attention to detail, with the ability to critique and interpret data as well as formulate sound decisions.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to perform tasks & achieve results independently and as part of a team, consistently meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple assignments effectively.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands??.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life –– including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment