Staff Financial Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Technology and Strategic Ventures (ATSV) Finance supports the senior leadership of ATSV by providing financial analysis and consulting focusing on expense management. Analysts provide meaningful analysis on the drivers of expense and provide consulting on courses of action to ensure optimal expense control. Analysis includes technology and operational metrics, resource sourcing options, project delivery metrics, and benchmarking.
Activities include historical trending reporting and analysis and future forecasting and planning.
- Analyze and communicate financial results for key products, markets and initiatives
- Develop compelling story lines, deepen client insights and recommend creative actions that guide strategy and operations
- Formulate financial projections to predict and track performance, diagnose potential issues and prompt corrective actions
- Ensure ATSV Finance's credibility and reputation of high quality (accurate, timely, relevant) financial measurement, reporting, planning and consulting
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business recognizing how different data points fit together
- Prepare and help build storyline for financial updates
- Collaborate with business partners to anticipate and identify emerging issues and assist in development and implementation of strategies
- Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance, and our business partners by using fact–based, holistic and forward–looking perspectives
- Provide accurate, timely reports with financial insight to allow business partners to improve performance
- Develop and lead effective presentations for small groups
- Drive conversations with leadership to understand business implications of current trends
- Inspire trust and confidence in clients through strategic and diplomatic handling of relationships
- At this level, an analyst may be required to train and review the work of other analysts
- A minimum of 2 years of financial analysis experience
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Finance or related area of study.
- Intermediate analytical and financial model building skills
- Solid work ethic, including ability to follow–up, focus on details and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement – personally and with work assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi–task
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands??.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life –– including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment