Tax Associate/Consultant, People Advisory Services, Mobility, Singapore
Tax Associate/Consultant, People Advisory Services, Mobility (Tax), Singapore
Ernst & Young’s People Advisory Services practice helps clients manage the business issues relating to their global workforce by providing tax, immigration and global mobility HR policy compliances and advisory services to their international assignees.
Joining People Advisory Services gives you the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of deploying a globally mobile workforce. We advise clients on the design and implementation of total reward strategies, advise on HR and payroll transformation, providing tax compliance and advisory services to their international assignees, help manage HR compliance and risk, provide strategic advice on mobility programs and also offer technology advisory services and project management. We work with our clients to attract, train and motivate the people necessary to achieve clients’ organizational goals. By helping to integrate the people agenda into their business strategy, we help our clients improve their business in the evolving global economy and realize sustainable economic growth.
Your key responsibility
As a People Advisory Services, Mobility (Tax) Associate/Consultant, you will provide technical contributions to individual tax compliance engagements with a focus on exceptional client service, quality, risk management and technical excellence. You will actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. Participating in preparing or reviewing personal income tax returns/calculations for clients from diverse and specialized industries; identifying potential tax savings and risk reducing opportunities for consideration and implementation; preparing estimated tax calculations to assist clients in meeting their tax payment obligations; and providing tax advisory and consultancy services.
Skills and attributes for success
- Preparing and reviewing individual tax calculations for international assignees and including tax cost projections, tax equalization calculations, hypothetical tax calculations, etc
- Coordinating the delivery of various global mobility and other tax services offered by the firm in a proactive manner that meets/exceeds client expectations
- Managing and performing engagement management activities including billing, scheduling, performance evaluations, mentoring/coaching, managing client expectations
- Assisting Partners, Senior Managers and Managers by drafting responses, participating in the proposal process, identifying new business opportunities and communicating ideas to promote opportunities for process improvements
- Establishing and maintaining long-term collaborative relationships with our clients and internal colleagues
- Possess and continually increase understanding of up-to-date tax knowledge and complex expatriate tax issues
- Providing individual tax advisory and consultancy services
To qualify for the role you must have
- A university degree in Accounting or Business Administration or Human Resources or equivalent
- At least 1 year / 2 years (for consultant position) of relevant tax experience
- Prior experience in handling Singapore personal tax matters (consultant position)
- Positive work attitude, team player with strong interpersonal skills, inclusive and global mindset
- Customer and delivery focused, diligent with strong results-orientation and innovative mindset
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good project management skills
Ideally, you also have
- Compliance and advisory/consultancy experience with a focus on personal income tax in another international accounting/consulting firm
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Extensive experience in managing large client portfolio for both MNCs and local enterprises
- Accreditation by SIATP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.