Our client is seeking an experienced Finance Manager with experience of compliance management and all round finances within the Media industry. The role has line management responsibility for a bookkeeper and will allow the successful candidate to have a hands on approach to creative decisions.
Our client is a very professional Media company within the Potters Bar area who specialises in reporting on and interviewing leading figures in areas such as Smart Cities, Cyber Security, Pensions, Investments and many more; they provide content aimed at educating business leaders and senior decision makers across both the private and public sector on the key innovations that will come to shape the world of tomorrow.
Key responsibilities of the finance manager include:
- Taking full ownership of monthly management accounts, ensuring the accuracy of the work in the finance
- department is high and that the team is organised and efficient
- Accounts receivable and credit control
- Improvement of processes and controls
- Ensure month end is completed on an accurate and a timely basis
- Monthly budgets and forecasts
- Reporting to identify patterns and trends in data and areas for improvement
- Overseeing all payments and inputting invoices onto the accounting system
The successful candidate will have a relevant higher education in accounting, finance or banking and will have 5 years plus experience in a role similar to Finance Manager.
They will be proficient with not only finance systems but also the use of Excel - Vlookups and Pivot Tables.
The candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work unsupervised as part of a team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and progress with a newly established company in an interesting creative industry. They will have various benefits including a bonus, alongside a starting salary of £30-35,000, working in a friendly and exciting company who are growing and providing the chance to develop professionally and report into the CEO.