This Wolverhampton based Management Accountant position is a role that involves working closely as a business partner with the Operations and Sales Teams and to cover the Financial Controller when they are not available.
A Dynamic, ever changing leading logistics business who are currently dominating in the market.
- Ensure the Weekly P&L and supporting files are maintained and that the weekly timetable is achieved
- Actively participate in the preparation of the National and Depot's budgets to ensure consistency and accuracy in their completion
- Focus on continual improvement of the financial processes and systems with specific focus on the accuracy of the Weekly P&L's
- Analysing and understanding variance to budget and prior periods; highlighting any potential areas of concerns to the appropriate people
- Must be willing and able to visit the depots around the country and assist in training non-financial staff to better use and complete the existing reports
- Preparation of monthly accruals and prepayment schedules
- Ensure the monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed to time and appropriately reviewed
- Actively participate in various ad-hoc projects
Up to £40,000