Finance Manager - Logistics
36 Hours p/w
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Logistics Finance team where you will play a crucial role in ensuring the success of Next by supporting our worldwide logistics operation.
The logistics operation is a crucial part of Next with a portfolio of 9 Warehouses, 6 Regional Service Centres and 3 International Hubs across Ireland, Germany and Russia. The finance team have a worldwide responsibility to support the management team to run a cost effective and efficient operation.
As the Logistics Finance Manager you will manage a team of 4. Key areas of focus in the team are KPI reporting, management accounts, budgeting and forecasting and the requirement to communicate both successes and concerns to the Senior Management team.
About the Role
- Manage and develop a high performing team through conducting regular 121’s and developing capability within the team
- Report and analyse weekly and periodic performance indicators to support operational cost control
- Manage the production of periodic management accounts
- Take ownership of the logistics budget and forecast process
- Understand and communicate variance to both budget and prior year
- Oversee and report on the logistics capital investment plan
- Hold regular updates with senior finance and operational management
- Play a key part in operational strategy through the provision of ad-hoc information in support of investment appraisals and other business defining decisions
- Work closely with the wider Next Finance team to ensure a link between operational and commercial performance
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA) with experience in a commercially facing finance role
- Previous experience leading and developing a team
- Enthusiastic and driven with a real passion for developing yourself and others
- Excellent attention to detail and proactive approach to improve processes and procedures
- Decisive mentality with excellent communication and influencing skills
- High levels of resilience with the ability to adapt in a changing environment
The Hiring Process: -
Following CV screening you will be informed if you have been success at this stage via email, so please keep any eye on your inbox.
All interviews will take place at our Head office in Enderby, Leicestershire. If you are successful you will be invited to attend a first stage interview which will be competency based, lasting approximately 1 hour. Thereafter the final stage will involve a presentation followed by questions.
Where possible, Next endeavour to support all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply for this vacancy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0116 272 7000.
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.