Privacy Champion (Finance)
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have an important role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success.
Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) organization supports tens of thousands of Apple employees, customers, and vendors on just about every topic imaginable. We offer advice and develop innovative solutions to challenging problems that come up all around the world.
We are seeking an experienced privacy professional to help to coordinate GBS’ privacy activities and support privacy and other risk compliance. This position will champion privacy requirements, execute privacy assessments, and work closely with GBS teams and Privacy legal.
- Demonstrated privacy expertise; able to advise standard methodologies and implications
- Knowledge of data protection principles and implementation methods outlined within the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Ability to communicate effectively at many levels
- Demonstrated ability in positively working with other departments/teams and influencing without authority
- Proven track record of working well with all levels of leadership and an ability to actively engage partners and customers to ensure projects are carried out consistently.
- Ability to act independently, be ambitious, and motivate others
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment cross-regionally and also cross-functionally
- Self-starter with the ability to take care of ambiguity and work independently
- Ability to thrive in a highly visible position in a dynamic, deadline driven environment
- Exceptional organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to lead simultaneous multiple priorities in a global and sometimes virtual environment
- General working knowledge of the various aspects of the finance process areas, including Order-to-Cash, Purchase-to-Pay, and Record-to-Report
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- ERP experience required, SAP experience preferred
- Experience with SOX, business continuity, or Information Security is a plus
- Promote data governance and data privacy across GBS
- Work with teams across GBS to document, organize, and report on our systems and processes as it relates to privacy
- Help create and manage a catalog of processes and systems for ongoing maintenance of privacy documentation
- Support and advise GBS teams with Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA) as required
- First point of contact for GBS on Privacy Matters
- Work closely with the Privacy PMO team headed by Legal
- Partner with various managers and teams in support of SOX, Privacy, Business Continuity, and other types of compliance
- Be proactive and able to assist with special projects as needed
- Interact with and communicate to different levels of management
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, management information systems, or similar
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.