- Prepare and post various GAAP required accounting entries related to non–operating companies.
- Reconcile and review all payroll entries.
- Approve sales tax returns.
- Prepare Monthly Accounting Close Schedule.
- Preform income statement review and analysis for all companies, including underwriter analysis on administration companies.
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Monthly review of account transactions to ensure consistent usage of general ledger accounts, cost centers and products.
- Manage tracking and processing of tax returns prepared by 3rd party tax preparer.
- Manage tracking and preparing of internal tax related returns including sales tax returns and state returns non–income based.
- Co–administer of NetSuite, user and account set–up.
- Assist with forecasting and budgeting.
- Assist with annual audits.
- Supervisors a Senior Accountant and Accountant.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Must meet current guidelines at date of hire for background and credit checks
- Education/Work Experience: Bachelor's degree, Masters or CPA required. Bachelor's in Accounting preferred. Ten years similar Accounting experience and supervisor experience required. Acquisition Accounting experience preferred, including experience with Purchase Accounting. Intermediate proficiency level in excel and above average computer knowledge, intermediate proficiency in accounting software.
- Knowledge: A demonstrated ability to learn products, systems and procedures; ability to evaluate and process transactions with consistent quality; understanding of system accounting transactions. Ability to exercise sound and logical decisions when processing accounts payable transactions and when coordinating with outside vendors; an interest and concern for risk and expense control.
- Character: Demonstrated integrity dealing with customers, vendors, peers and management; maintain confidentiality with company financial transactions.
- Behavior: Ability to react and plan in mature, calm and rational manner
- Internal Motivation: The discipline and intensity of effort which provides a high level of work output; positive energy to succeed; habit of initiating follows through for quality results without close supervision
- Maturity:A demonstrated judgment, which provides balance for emotional control and effective team relationships
- Energy: A demonstrated ability to consistently meet production standards with consistent quality; willingness to support the team and/or organization when overtime is needed to meet objectives
- Personal Projection: Professional and positive demeanor and appearance supported by excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact appropriately with all associates, customers and vendors.
- Work Results: Proven ability to achieve department standards regarding deadlines with a high degree of quality and precision; ability to independently research and resolve transaction issues.
- Time Management: The ability to select and concentrate on only the most vital issues.
Accomplishment of Objective: Purposeful and conscientious in producing results; exerts necessary effort to achieve stated objective and accepts accountability for results.– provided by Dice