Senior Financial Accountant
This progressive large organisation is seeking to engage a Senior Financial Reporting Specialist to join their financial controls team to assist with end of year reporting requirements.
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, you will provide technical accounting advice to the group supporting the preparation and review of financial statements and facilitating audits.
- Ensure all financial statements and management reporting are in accordance with company International Finance Reporting Standards (IFRS) policies.
- Assist with managing the financial integrity of the General Ledger.
- Own the balance sheet reconciliation process.
- Support the Finance Manager in the timely production of month end results including budgets, and any dynamic accounting and ad-hoc projects.
- Support in the process and production of the quarterly financial accounts, half-year and year-end statutory reporting in a timely manner, including taking ownership of certain reporting activities.
- Ensure Treasury processes such as month end Treasury accounting and reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner. Co-ensuring responsibility for correct accounting treatment of refinance transactions.
- Assisting the Tax Manager with preparation of the monthly indirect taxes (e.g. payroll tax) and other such items when applicable.
- Prepare, lodge and address queries on various government surveys in a timely manner.
- Process improvements across the business supporting the business units.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with workflow management and support of Financial Accountants.
To be successful in this role you will ideally be/have;
- Qualified CA/CPA with experience working in Big 4 and large corporate financial statement preparation is essential.
- At least 3 years + experience in a similar role
- A professional and can-do attitude
- Excellent ability to deal with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
Please apply now or call Hudson 07 3258 8346 and quote job no. 47773 for a confidential discussion.