As a qualified ACCA / ACA professional, you will effectively manage the resources and the workflow of your team whilst reviewing their work and supporting them accordingly.
A London firm that have proved fast growth over the last few years both organically and by acquiring other smaller firms along the way to improve the services that they can offer and the expertise to go with it.
They are an extremely corporate business that set high standards and goals that are regularly reviewed so they are able to constantly strive to improve and increase profitability.
Staff are looked after well with events and socials and enjoy genuine work-life balance which is demonstrated in their high staff retention rate and career paths available.
Full Portfolio Management
- Plan and control client assignments to ensure jobs are completed efficiently and in line with clients' budgets and expectations.
- Assist with setting time budgets for each assignment, investigate and report on variances.
- Review client assignments, and ensure they are complete. This will include a review of reporting to ensure that presentation and content are appropriate to the individual client.
- Monitor the teams work in progress within the portfolio, communicating any potential problems to the Partner's in a timely fashion.
- Ensure hours worked on any client are recorded correctly, enabling a true reflection of the profitability of the job to be shown.
- Prepare fee schedules and bill for Partner approval, and be able to explain any extra charges or profits.
- Attend and contribute to client meetings as appropriate
- Complete appraisals for allocated members of staff twice annually ensuring that these are completed to enable staff to be developed and in turn enhance their performance and development
- Deal with day to day staff issues including holidays, training courses, quality of work, motivation, monitoring chargeable and non-chargeable hours.
Business advisory/ad hoc work
- Identify opportunities for additional services that the firm can provide
- Ad-hoc project work including compliance or value-added services
- Be proactive in involving other departments and expertise
- Be involved in tenders and presentations.
- Fully qualified ACA / ACCA or qualified by experience with experience in managing outsource services
- Be up to date in CPE
- Experience of OMBs covering a range of industries
- Conversant with cloud accounting, digital solutions [Xero / QBO / apps] Sage 50 Accounts; and Excel
- Have previous management experience including staff appraisals, within an outsource services team - have the ability to motivate, delegate effectively, develop the team and be a strong leader.
- Client focus and commercial awareness
- Communication - oral and written, have the ability to deal with a variety of people in different environments
- Analytical thinking/problem solving and being able to work well under pressure
- Project a positive image and to sell and promote the additional services the this chartered accountancy firm provide
- Genuine work life balance
- Accredited investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Competitive salary
- Continued training and development
- In-House Employee Recognition awards and bonuses