Assistant Tax Manager - Financial Services
The work focuses on corporate tax advisory services within the Financial Services area, and includes building long-lasting client relationships and coordination of all tax services to clients.
Work with a Top 10 Globally recognised Accountancy Mid-tier Firm, based in London, who is the leading independent assurance, tax and advisory firms. They comprise of a diverse team environment with high quality business and financial advice to a wide range of clients within different industries across the world.
Through understanding client's business strategy as well as the industry in which they operate, the Firm is dedicated to providing tailored tax solutions to support the clients goals.
Your key responsibilities as a Assistant Tax Manager - Financial services:
- Provide Tax advice to mainly Financial Services clients i.e. Banks.
- Responsible for day to day compliance and advisory affairs of clients alongside the Managers and Partners
- Supporting the compliance and audit teams where tax issues are more complex
- Ensure assignments are completed within budget limits and keep Managers/Partners informed
- Identify risk and technical matters whilst exercising sound judgement within guidelines
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships and identify leads
- Identify work opportunities through existing network of clients
- Working with the wider team in tax to provide holistic tax services to clients
- Assist in training, developing and supervising junior staff members including monitoring job performance and providing feedback
- Identify future work opportunities and areas to cross sell alongside senior staff members
- Maintain up to date tax knowledge and the impact on clients, focus on Banking tax law
To be successful as an Assistant Tax Manager - Financial Services, you will need to have:
- CTA Qualified and/or ACA/CA is essential
- Strong understanding of tax compliance and experience identifying and selling services to existing and new clients
- Strong commercial approach and analytical skills
- Confident providing advice to clients and have a goal orientated drive
- History of developing strong external and internal client relationships
- Project coordination/management skills
- Banking experience would be preferred but not required, awareness of other tax and accounting areas
- Flexible to adapt to changing demands brought about by tax, regulatory and business changes
- Work for Globally recognised Mid-Tier Firm
- Work/life balance
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Work in a talented, fun team that balances work and fun
- Competitive salary
If you want to hear more, please contact Sanghary on 07 973 757 633 or send your resume/CV through for a confidential discussion