Indirect Tax Assistant Manager - Global Compliance Management Services (GCMS)
The Global Compliance Management Services centre is seeking to fill a full time Associate. This position will be part of the Global Compliance Management Services (GCMS) practice which are priority global tax service lines of KPMG. GCMS assists multinational companies and local companies to manage their corporate compliance requirements effectively and efficiently.
Overall responsibilities include working with colleagues and clients across multiple jurisdictions in performing the below listed compliance activities specifically indirect tax with other responsibilities related to compliance. These responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for reviewing VAT/ GST returns & client data
- Timely delivery of client reports to Client Managers
- Communication directly with clients on indirect tax matters
- Training, mentoring, and support to VAT preparers
- Support indirect tax transformation activities to automate process and data validation to improve quality and efficiency
- Review capacity may include multiple countries Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, and Philippines
- Expected to develop country expertise for countries assigned
- Supporting corporate tax computations and tax returns through data retrieval, review & query management for timely submission to the tax authorities.
- Compile information for submission to the tax authorities during tax audits.
Statutory Reporting & Transfer Pricing
- Preparing Statutory Financial Statements and associated working papers
- Prepare transfer pricing calculations for advanced transfer pricing & profitability reviews
- Complete transfer pricing schedules which form the basis of transfer pricing documentation
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders across multiple organisations & jurisdictions
- Applying documentation retention standards per KPMG risk management policies
- Working with data (retrieval, reconciliation, and analysis) necessary for compliance
- Coordination and workflow management
- 3-4 years of working experience in GST/ VAT or applicable compliance for fundamental knowledge in indirect tax discipline
- A recognized university degree or a professional qualification in Accounting/ Finance/ Economics or relevant field are preferred
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team to manage in a fast pace environment
- Proactive, responsible, and inquisitive are key to being successful in this role
- Willingness to learn and leverage the KPMG technical development opportunities
- Targeting individuals who have completed an accounting qualification
- Candidates with 1 – 3 years’ experience in accounting or finance are preferred
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.