Healthcare Business Analyst - Configuration
# of Openings 1
About the Company:
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a clinical services and information technology company using evidence–based medicine to develop and deploy medical policies and protocols in the high–volume, dynamic and complex diagnostic lab environment. The company manages the appropriate use of thousands of existing lab tests and researches new tests to determine efficacy and impact on patient care.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology–enabled service companies. Since its launch 15 years ago, FP has raised approximately $10 billion and invested in more than 150 companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. You'll enjoy seeing the results of your work as we rapidly implement our plan. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at .
Responsibilities of the Configuration Analyst:
- Perform analyses of Avalon laboratory benefits management configuration in order to determine and create use cases for regression testing.
- Ability to take requirements from medical policy translation documents and successfully incorporate these as rules in the Avalon laboratory benefits management configuration file.
- Run regression testing prior to production releases for Avalon Claim Editor to ensure optimal functionality of the Claim Editor.
- Development and maintenance of ReadyAPI! test suite for regression testing management.
- Validate and/or provide input to LBM global rules process flows.
Qualifications of the Configuration Analyst:
- Bachelor's degree in business or similar field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2–3 years of experience developing and managing business requirements throughout a project life–cycle.
- Experience in or knowledge of the health care business and customer service.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Experience with use case testing.
- 1 – 2 years' experience in reporting, with a preference for intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas of health plan operations – configuration, utilization, claims processing, and/or reimbursement.
- Proven analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Facilitation skills that include workgroup leadership, problem resolution across multiple groups, etc.
- Willingness to work in various capacities and to learn new skill sets.