Senior Administrator (Private Equity)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
A vacancy has arisen in our Private Equity (PE) Operations team. This is a team of 13 individuals who offer a first class service to Northern Trust Guernsey’s second biggest PE client (a large secondaries fund) and work as a close team to ensure key deliverables are met. With the clients latest fund recently launching the team (which is currently split into designated accounting and administration roles), are now looking for additional team members to join and grow the business.
The team are also encouraged to work together to ensure our service delivery is consistent provide first class service, with colleagues receiving support from their peers.
You will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the administration for a wide range of onshore and offshore fund vehicles which include limited partnerships and companies. More senior levels may also be expected to supervise and train junior staff.
- Critical background knowledge of entities worked on
- Effective communication with client, investors and other associated parties (based worldwide)
- Dealing with investor queries in an efficient and timely manner
- Bookkeeping / Cash Management
- Good understanding of bookkeeping including more complex transactions
- Assists junior staff with bookkeeping entries
- Understands cash management procedures for specific entities
- Able to check bank accounts
- Understands the call/distribution process
- Able to calculate the call/distribution amounts for recommendation by client
- Liaises with client and investors regarding receipt/payment of monies
- Liaises with financial institutions receiving or making payment of funds
- Reviews and maintains records
Company Secretarial Knowledge
- Understands Company Secretarial Procedures
- Understands how to prepare and review Company Minutes
- Understands how to prepare and review Company Agenda
Transfer of shares or Limited Partnership Interests
- Understands the process applicable to the entity
- Understands anti-money laundering regulations and how to maintain records
Compliance and Regulation
- Has an understanding of the main Guernsey legislation as it effects entities under administration i.e. Guernsey Company Law, POI and FNCC legislation
- Has an understanding of the anti-money laundering legislation, particularly with regard to Investor ‘KYC’.
- The ideal candidate will hold A level qualification or equivalent, and ideally hold a degree in a relevant discipline, or Professional Qualification (such as ICSA or similar)
- Possess excellent organisation skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Have an enthusiastic approach and positive attitude
- Be customer centric and a team player
- Will have knowledge of: Guernsey Company Law
- Previous administration experience and finance industry experience strongly preferred
- Strong Time Management & Organisational skills
- Effective Communication skills (Verbal & Written)
- Native or fluent standard of English language
- Computer literate with a proven ability to learn new systems and processes
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.