Senior Corporate Tax Manager - Flexible Working
Our Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) professionals help businesses meet complex demands for UK tax reporting, compliance, advisory, strategy and controversy. The GCR team continues to experience growth due to strong client demand and an increase in referrals from our global network.
By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, they work with a wide range of corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
Our GCR services help companies achieve greater control, efficiency and value across tax and finance. GCR addresses the entire record to report process with a focus on the corporate tax aspects of that process, including tax provisioning, audit, tax return submission and related advisory.
As we seek to further grow the tax business and establish new contacts and engagements with businesses across the region, we are looking for tax professionals who excel at client relationships and who have the confidence and skills to win new work and clients. Business development skills, in terms of being able to go out and meet new contacts, understand their business needs and how we can add value to them by addressing those needs, is therefore a key requirement.
As a corporate tax professional working between the Glasgow and Edinburgh offices you’ll provide a full range of tax services, comprising both compliance and advisory work. You’ll be working alongside specialists on a day to day basis to broaden your experience of different tax areas to help our clients through planning, financial accounting, tax compliance and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities. The varied work of this role will offer broad experience with significant exposure to senior stakeholders, responsibility in key decisions and a more varied portfolio to help you develop your career with EY.
Your key responsibilities
- Grow and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
- Overall responsibility of quality of client service
- Review possible leads from other areas of the practice
- Grow networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and attributes for success
- Significant experience in Corporate Tax from a large accountancy or law firm
- Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to create and sustain effective teams
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day commitment of delivery team
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification
- Degree qualified
- Experienced corporate tax practitioner
- Experience in tax accounting/tax audit
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Change orientated with flexible approach
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Volunteering days
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.