A fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified ACA to join a well established, and growing business. The role is based primarily at my client's Macclesfield site, where central finance is located.
My client is listed on the AIM market with an ambition for growth and success; clearly focused on becoming the No.1 regional, legal and professional services business in the UK.
* Prepare monthly consolidated financial accounts under International Financial Reporting Standards and ensuring compliance with corporate governance
* Prepare internal and annual statutory accounts for each of the Group companies.
* Planning for new standards and their impact
* Liaise with the external auditors to complete the fieldwork
* Supporting in the annual budgeting process
* Driving process and control improvements. Ability to challenge existing process and to identify more efficiency processes.
* Line manage a small team
* Qualified chartered/certified accountant
* Strong knowledge of IFRS
* Experience of working with listed companies
* External audit / internal audit exposure
* Working knowledge of corporation tax computations
* Strong interpersonal skills as the role will deal with a number of different stakeholders at senior and executive level
* Strong commercial acumen and decision-making skills
* Good organisational/time management skills with a proven ability to work to tight deadlines
Great career progression, a competitive salary, and benefit package