This role will oversee the management of the accounting function to UK GAAP standards. It will also include involvement of preparation and presentation of quarterley management accounts.
My client is in the heart of Oxford seeking interim support for a College Accountant.
Key responsibilities of the College Accountant:
- Management of accounting function under UK GAAP standards
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts
- Lead and motivate the Accounts team
- Budget preparation for all College cost centres
- Provide colleagues with financial data and analysis
- Liaison with investment managers
- Preparation of the College's annual accounts
- Liaison with external auditors
- Provide analysis, business planning and scenario modelling
- Oversee College's cash management, including preparation of bank accounts and invoice payments
- Prepare cash flow forecasts
- Balance sheets
The successful College Accountant:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience as either a College Accountant or Finance Manager in Higher Education
- Experience leading and motivating a team
- Demonstratable experience of the key responsibilities n a similar role
For the successful College Accountant there is a daily rate of circa £300 per day, enhance skills and knowledge in the non profit and charities sector and opportunity to work in one of the prestigious Oxford Colleges.