Interim Management Accountant
An interim position created to meet the demands of the business during peak periods and holidays.
My client is fast becoming a supply chain supplier of choice for major retailers and manufacturers in the UK. They are leading specialists in supply chain services for ambient and temperature controlled products, they have expert knowledge in transport, warehouse and EDI technologies, having partnered with some of the best names in supply and retail systems.
- Owning the accounting for designated cost centres, nominal codes or balance sheet codes (e.g. Revenue, Commercial Vehicles, Trailers, Agency, Subcontractor costs)
- Presenting and explain financial performance for their areas to the Senior Managers as required
- Proactively identifying and delivering best practice processes improvements (efficiency, control or reporting)
- Advising operational managers on the correct accounting treatment of transactions
- Assisting and supplying information to auditors for annual audit
- Deputising as required for the Financial Controller
Qualified Accountant - CIMA, ACCA or ACA
Minimum of 3 years experience of management / financial accounting
Cost centre accounting, management accounts preparation and balance sheet reconciliations
Strong Excel skills with the ability to create and develop spreadsheets using functions (pivot tables, lookups etc.) or macros to automate and improve accounting
Able to proactively identify and implement process improvements
Leading and delivering change
Strong knowledge of accounting regulations, procedures and current legislation
The successful interim candidate will have the opportunity to make an impact within a leading supply chain logistics company on a 10 month assignment.