Volunteer Accountant @ NGO deploying solar solutions to supply clean energy solutions in New Delhi
Are you an accounting professional looking to use your skills and experience to give something back to society and those less fortunate around the world? Perhaps swap London for Laos, Melbourne for Malawi or Boston for Belize!?
Accounting for International Development offers every type of accountant, from anywhere in the world the opportunity to use their skills to support a broad range of non-profit organisations globally. Volunteer Accounting Assignments of between 2 weeks and 6 months form part of our ongoing strategy to build the financial management capacity of charities in over 50 countries. Click APPLY for more...
NGO deploying solar solutions to supply clean energy solutions
New Delhi, India
Our partner is a start-up social enterprise that is deploying solar solutions to supply reliable and affordable clean energy solutions across the agricultural value-chain in rural India.
Your role will be to undertake an assessment of their existing controls, processes and systems, making recommendations based on the complexity of the accounting, skillset of local staff and resources available to the organisation. Our partner is seeking an experienced volunteer to design and implement an accounting & financial management system. This will include:
- Reviewing, strengthening and developing their control environment and risk management procedures.
- Assessing whether they transition to using an accounting software. They are keen on migrating to Quickbooks, and it would be useful to support them in getting ready for such a transition, advising and supporting them on it.
- Developing budgets, budget management & reporting, and cashflow management and forecasting tools.
- Training the new Accounting Executive they are looking to hire, and being a business partner and mentoring Amit in better understanding his financial management responsibilities.
- Supporting them with refining financial models and undertaking any analysis for investor readiness.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Need a fresh challenge... to do something worthwhile?
Keen to volunteer & share your skills & experience?
If that's a YES (x3) , please click to 'APPLY' and see other similar volunteering opportunities overseas.
We are confident you’ll encounter a variety of new and exciting challenges, share new experiences with inspiring people and learn skills that will give you confidence to face challenges in other areas of your life. You’ll be inspired and get back so much more than you give!