Project Director, Audit Policy (Technical Standards)
5 days left
- Full time
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity in business. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about the role of the FRC can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
The Audit and Assurance Policy Team is responsible for the development of audit-related policy. This includes: the development of technical standards and guidance; consistent interpretation and application of standards; leading the FRC’s contribution to international standard setting; commissioning reports and research; and providing input to ensure that the UK capital market, and the users of financial statements are supported by the provision of high-quality audit and assurance. The team’s work requires considerable stakeholder engagement, including with investors and other users of financial statements, professional bodies and audit firms, other regulatory authorities both in the UK and internationally and international and other national standard setters. It also means working closely with other teams across the FRC including policy teams on corporate reporting and corporate governance and also with audit quality monitoring, oversight and enforcement.
The role involves…
- Managing, and contributing to, A&A team projects (e.g. the development of new or revised standards and guidance material) from inception to completion. Including managing working parties and writing documents to a standard suitable for publication.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of external developments relevant to the objectives of the A&A team and applying that knowledge in FRC projects.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external parties relevant to the work of the A&A team.
- Providing support to non-project-based aspects of the A&A team’s work.
- Active involvement in cross-FRC initiatives and working with other FRC teams as appropriate.
A CCAB qualification as well as experience working with and drafting technical audit-related standards and guidance are required. The ideal candidates will have:
- Significant audit experience.
- Experience in developing policy or developing and drafting technical material (standards and/ or guidance).
- Specialised knowledge of assigned areas, including international developments in those areas, and the work of the International Audit-Related Standard Setting Boards.
- Understanding of the commercial, regulatory and other external influences on audit to support the setting of high-quality standards and guidance.
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the FRC as necessary.
Rewards and benefits
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos.
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer. Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices. The form is completed on a voluntary basis and we strongly encourage all job applicants to complete it.
Apply for Project Director, Audit Policy (Technical Standards)
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly