Senior Tax Accountant
Senior Tax Accountant
Job ID: 2
Type: Regular Full–Time
# of Openings: 2
Due to the continued growth of our organization, Revantage Corproate Services is seeking at Senior Tax Accoutan to join our Corprorate Tax function. Under direction of Tax Director, this individual will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and review of federal, state and local tax returns for Blackstone's real estate investments.The Senior Tax Accountant will gather information, plan strategies, research tax laws and correspond with agencies as necessary.
As the Senior Tax Accountant, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Prepares/reviews federal, state and local tax returns for Blackstone's partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations and real estate investment (REIT) returns on a timely basis.
- Gathers management and accounting information. Obtains any necessary clarification, requests additional information and communicates with various departments concerning any problems that arise.
- Conducts research as necessary to determine compliance with tax laws. Reads periodicals to maintain knowledge about changing tax laws, planning opportunities, filing requirements, etc.
- Prepares/reviews federal and state extension requests and quarterly estimated payments for the various companies.
- Prepares/reviews federal tax returns and various state returns including franchise tax returns and annual reports.
- Prepares/reviews tax and PTP projections for Blackstone on a quarterly or as needed basis.
- Researches, resolves and responds to state and federal regulatory agencies' notices. Corresponds with federal and state taxing agencies in connection with penalty notices and filing inquiries as needed.
- Reviews corporate and partnership legal documents and correspondence as needed to ensure correct preparation of tax returns.
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of 1099s to the vendors and the IRS. Coordinates gathering of information with other departments to ensure timely filing.
- Identifies tax issues and assists in research and resolution of issues concerning particular tax returns.
- Prepares/reviews REIT checklist to ensure compliance with the REIT rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required, advanced degree in tax and CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a public accounting tax department or equivalent required.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of corporate and partnership federal and state taxation.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong analytical, communication and organizational skills.
- Computer literacy required, including experience with spreadsheets and tax preparation software.
- Experience with FAS2000 a plus.