Operations Lead - Accounting Services
The KL team are responsible for supporting Fonterra business units through the effective delivery of business services and financial transaction processes. The team works to the processes and standards set by Global Accounting Services and Global Business Services in New Zealand, however it has primary responsibility for meeting the delivery of the service standards agreed with each Business Unit they service.
Role purpose and responsibility:
The roles primary purpose is to ensure that Active Operating Management (AOM) disciplines are embedded and sustained including resource planning, implementation of a demand staffing model – controlling resources utilisation and productivity and achieve quality standards. in addition, this role has accountability of cash management team to drive standardisation and eliminate manual activities.
This person is expected to analyse the workforce variance and work with the extended leadership team on solutions to lift business unit performance in the context of business efficiency and process standardisation and compliance.
The role will also support the development and implementation of the units’ business plan and the successful execution of the GBS Asia’s strategic objectives.
This role will receive day to day operational management coaching and direction from the Ops Manager and require to work closely with Process Lead for issue escalation and coordination between 2 centers.
Operational & People Management
- Driving structured operations management (using AOM tool) and workforce management discipline including resource demand and supply planning, implementation of a demand staffing model, planning and controlling resource utilisation and productivity; and achieving quality standards This includes establishing baseline performance and demonstrating improved operational performance over time.
- Understanding the impacts of demand and volume forecasting and adapting resourcing to fit
- Ensuring KPI’s and objectives for the team are clearly established, communicated and agreed.
- Working with escalated issues to minimise disruption to team outputs and service quality. Demonstrating sound commercial acumen and judgement through operational and resourcing decisions
- Work integrated with all the process leads to drive standardisation and resource sharing when required
- Establish proactive collaborative relationships with GBS Hamilton team, drive, support and track One GBS strategy
- Identifying capability requirements and working with Operations Manager and HR to execute a capability and talent development plan
- Oversees an effective risk management strategy and framework ensuring it meets the Fonterra Group Policy & Risk requirements and Treasury standards.
- Ensuring the team have clear performance and development plans with regular discussion and feedback on both
- Ensures optimal level of cross skilling is maintained.
Leading and Managing Change
- Acts as a change agents providing change management and change leadership across multiple initiatives and BAU activity ensuring change impacts are identified, managed and risks mitigated.
- Change management to deliver cultural shift in productivity management
- Ensure benefits from key projects are captured
Customer relationships and service
- Actively involve and engage with the customer, keeping track on month end timelines established
- Manage customers escalation and drive discussion with process leads for process related issues
- Assist on GBS induction to business units when required
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal (GBS KL) and external customers (Fonterra SBUs) and key stakeholders (GBS Hamilton team, Treasury team)
- Builds and maintains a strong internal network and contacts with external advisors and experts (audit).
- Drive H&S initiatives and policy to the wider team
- Support the GBS Home Safe Audit yearly (May every year)
- Recognised tertiary accounting qualification
- At least 3 years of relevant experiences
- Commercially savvy
- Strong ambiguity handling skills
- People & culture leadership, in particular the ability to develop direct reports and teams
- Excellence in stakeholder & relationship management
- Excellence in conflict and solution management
- Finance & accounting or relevant discipline
- Process Management
- Operations Management in FMCG/Shared Services
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.