Senior Audit Manager - Commercial Bank: Capital Markets & Tr
At Capital One, we're building a leading information–based technology company. Still founder–led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Audit Manager – Commercial Bank: Capital Markets & Treasury Management
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well–trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value–added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
This position, Senior Audit Manager, will lead and/or execute audits over the Capital Markets (eg, derivatives, sales, research & trading, loan syndications, investment banking) and Treasury Management (eg, ACH, wires, Commercial Card) businesses within the Commercial Bank. Each audit assignment encourages the Candidate to apply business, technical and industry knowledge to assess business risks, identify and design risk–based tests of key controls, and lead the engagement team in performance of the audit. The candidate will also provide supervision of audit staff as well training and coaching. The candidate should be able to work independently, with minimal guidance from Audit management, while exercising judgment in risk–based assessments. Career development and growth opportunities exist through our established training programs within the Corporate Audit Services team. The candidate will be expected to maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technical knowledge will only make you a better Auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical know–how, so you'll want to ensure that technology doesn't scare you off.
- You're a teacher. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team.
- Lastly, you create energy and an environment that make it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
- Lead large complex integrated audits of the Commercial Bank, including planning, development of audit scope, design of testing plan, testing execution, review of work completed by team members, and identification and reporting of audit issues.
- Participate in annual audit planning, entity risk assessment, and development of the annual Commercial Bank audit plan.
- Communicate audit scope, risks, issues, and recommendations to senior management in well written reports and oral presentation.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with key business and risk partners.
- Effectively manage and develop team members or direct reports through continuous feedback, coaching, and performance review processes.
- On audit engagements facilitate teamwork, coordinate and leverage available resources to complete engagement on time, while also building and utilizing relationships outside immediate CAS team to improve overall audit quality.
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases of audit delivery.
- Demonstrate flexibility in responding to changes in assignment and job responsibility.
- Leverage knowledge and skills to provide business management insights into their area of subject–matter focus and provide effective challenge on processes, controls, changes, etc.
As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 6 years of experience in auditing, at least 6 years of experience in accounting, at least 6 years of experience in the Investing or Securities industry, at least 6 years of experience in compliance, or a combination
- At least 4 years of experience leading audits and performing in the role of auditor–in–charge
- Master's Degree in one of the following: Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
- Professional certification such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Bank Auditor (CBA)
- 9+ years of experience in auditing, 9+ years of experience in accounting, 9+ years of experience in financial analysis, 9+ years of experience in compliance, or a combination
- 6+ years of experience in a large financial services institution or experience servicing a large financial services institution
- 4+ years of experience auditing capital markets or treasury management, or a combination
- 2+ years of experience with FRB, OCC, SEC and FINRA laws and regulations
- 2+ years of people management experience
- 1+ year of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.