Business Analyst, Commissions
Be a part of the team behind our success! At Advisor Group, we support more than 7,000 financial advisors, the people who help everyday Americans achieve their dreams We're a billion–dollar business with the mentality and drive of a startup. Join us in building something special.
Reconciliations, Reporting, Analyzing Opportunity in Financial Services
Business Analyst, Commissions
Location: Oakdale, MN
At Advisor Group, we are driven to do more. We are one of the largest networks of independent wealth management firms in the United States. The four individual firms that comprise Advisor Group – FSC Securities Corporation, Royal Alliance Associates, SagePoint Financial, and Woodbury Financial Services foster the spirit of entrepreneurship and independence that our more than 7,000 advisors exemplify. Our employees are the how and the why of Advisor Group's success. Advisor Group is seeking a driven and motivated individual to join our commissions team.
The Business Analyst on the Commissions Team is responsible for partnering with the business to define, plan and drive to completion key projects and initiatives, specifically as it relates to the Compensation team's interaction with IT with an emphasis on our Legacy processing systems. This role supports project/program managers and business owners in planning, managing, documenting, and communicating timelines, tasks, issues, decisions, and risks to ensure successful delivery of business objectives. This role reports to the Director of Commissions and is based in Oakdale.
Keys: Commissions, analysing, reporting, reconciliations
- Works with business partners to elicit and clearly document deliverables, requirements, business needs, actions, issues, risks, and decisions needed.
- Leads or monitors all QA and UA teams and activities related to Compensation; ensures teams are focused on critical path activities.
- Drives task completion and business issue resolution across functional areas.
- Provides ad hoc reporting and interfaces with external departmental areas, such as Compliance, Legal, and Finance (Accounting).
- Escalates issues to ensure project scope/schedule/budget are met
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred, high school diploma (or equivalent) in combination with significant experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 5+ years of analyst experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- Experience in Financial Services, Broker–Dealer Industry preferred
- Demonstrated advanced skills in MS Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite products
- Results oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize
- Demonstrated initiative, proactively seeks out information, solutions, etc. without prompting
- Successfully engages in multi–tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously with limited supervision in a fast–paced environment
- Ability to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and break down high–level information into details
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail evidenced through sound analytical skills
- Demonstrated strength in written and verbal communication skills
- Reporting and documentation experience and passion
- Ability to build collaborative and effective working relationships across organization
- Maintain confidentiality
- Experience at an independent broker–dealer is preferred
- Proven ability in time management skills (measured by deadlines and quality of progress and projects completed)
- Experience managing commission processes for Advisors
- Experience with Legacy or related CRM system