Senior Staff Accountant
For almost 30 years, Paradigm has been the industry leader in solving complex health care challenges and improving lives. With the most connected and experienced team in health care, we define and deliver outcomes that exceed financial and health expectations for our clients, as well as for individuals and their families.
Paradigm delivers its solutions through three divisions: Catastrophic Care Management, Complex Care Solutions and Specialty Networks. The Paradigm divisions are built on expertise from five best–in–class businesses: Paradigm Outcomes, The ALARIS Group, Encore Unlimited, ForeSight Medical and Adva–Net. Founded in 1991, Paradigm is headquartered in Walnut Creek, California with offices across the U.S.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our growing team. If you are looking for a high growth, fast paced organization where you can have real influence please apply to start the conversation.
This position is responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of financial reporting in accordance with GAAP, including day to day accounting functions, preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of financial information through the general ledger. Work is performed according to detailed and complex policies, regulations and/or accounting principles.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Improve and assure accurate input and export of financial data in all systems (Great Plains, Fusion & eFusion)
- Review and approve coding of journal entries posted by staff accountant
- Support month–end and year–end close process; including preparation of monthly and annual workpaper schedules.
- Responsible for posting journal and general ledger entries; including revenue, cogs, a/r, a/p, prepaids, payroll and related benefits, asset capitalization and depreciation entries.
- Maintain fixed asset records and input assets into the Great Plains fixed asset system.
- Responsible for reconciling sub–ledger reports to general ledger reporting.
- Prepare month end reports for Corporate reporting.
- Maintain accounts receivable aging reports and ensure they are reconciled to sub–ledger systems (Great Plains, Fusion & eFusion)
- Assist Controller with ad–hoc reporting as needed
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status as needed.
- Import sub–leger data into Great Plains via integrator tools
- Assist Controller in reviewing staff accountants work as needed.
- Education Bachelors Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Accounting and/or Finance. CPA preferred.
- Minimum five years of accounting experience preferably in the insurance or managed care industry. Solid knowledge of GAAP required.
- Advanced computer skills, including knowledge of software packages and accounting systems. Must be proficient in Excel Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Ability to read, comprehend and author instructions, correspondence, memos, and other documentation.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month–end/year–end close
- Experience with Great Plains
- Experience with Oracle ERP a plus
- Experience with software implementations a plus