Full time 6 Month Fixed Term Contract, possibility of permanent opportunities depending on performance. Cost Accountant role.
With over 60 years in the manufacturing industry, this organisation are well established, reputable and the best at what they do! With a global presence and a fantastic team, the role will be varied, interesting and dynamic. With a fantastic finance team, this organisation has the resources to invest in their staff - offering unsurpassed training and development opportunities and potential career progression options.
Cost Accountant Responsibilities :
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labour.
- Analysing data collected and recording results
- Analysing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analysing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analysing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
The successful cost accountant must have:
- Experience of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting - not essential
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principals.
- Computer Literate - Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience with MAPICS a plus
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Ability to commit to a 6 month contract
- Ability to travel to and from Deeside
Ongoing training and development
Modern offices with on site parking
Pension and holiday pay
Fantastic accountancy team
Career progression opportunities