Interim Costs Controller
1 day left
- Full time
This is an excellent interim opportunity for a candidate with cost controlling experience in a FMCG environment.
My client are a very well known and market leading brand that have an excellent market reputation.
The main responsibilities within this role are:
- Working with the Logistics Manager & Logistics Controller to understand and manage supply chain costs (warehouse and logistics) for month, half year and full year closing.
- Input into the rolling forecast process for the Supply Chain function. Analyse variances in Supply Chain costs vs. last year/budget/forecast
- Providing financial data and interpretation for Supply Chain projects and activities
- Managing transfer prices monthly, and ensure accuracy of transfer prices in SAP
- Following up product sourcing & evaluate impact on actual & forecast P&L,
- Managing the half yearly stock revaluation process
- Managing the monthly cost of goods reporting in SAP and investigate purchasing price variances as required.
- Forecasting the margin influencing factors as part of the rolling forecast process
- Full ownership of foreign exchange variance reporting into group function
- Monitoring Overhead spend for the business, holding regular meetings with relevant departmental directors / senior managers to explain variances, forecast future costs and challenge overhead expenditure
- Liaising with Business Services Finance team on overheads costs monthly, half & full year closing to allow effective reporting of actuals and preparation of rolling forecast
- Analysing variances in overheads vs. last year /forecast
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience of cost accounting in an FMCG environment
- A recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present findings to senior management
A very competitive salary and a quick start for the right candidate