Senior Manager, Financial Accounting and Advisory Services
In Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Having the largest geographical footprint in the MENA region, EY is perfectly placed to help the multitude of government entities and businesses. In this capacity you will provide advisory services focused on Finance Transformation, performance improvement, finance operating model design and implementation, business process engineering, robotic process automation and effective financial control, reporting and consolidation.
We’re looking for ambitious people to help drive and support this change while learning about the intricacies of dealing with diverse clients in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager you’ll be responsible for participating and /or managing FAAS engagements, while collaborating with the partner, senior manager and client to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables.
To this end you’ll ensure that the FAAS engagement team understands the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented; ensure work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements and monitor the FAAS engagement team's performance against the budget, and alter if necessary.
In addition identifying and communicating relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client will be essential as well consulting with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues and participating in sales of new FAAS work.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
- An undergraduate or master's degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major
- At least 7 years of experience working in the consulting/Advisory field with a background in Auditing
- Strong advisory (selling) mindset
- CPA/CA/ACCA certification
- Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
- Deep understanding of the client's industry and marketplace
- Strong management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees
- Fluent written and verbal English communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
Ideally you’ll also have
- Experience in the Middle East & North Africa region
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.