Project Financial Accountant, Retail UK Financial Control Team
Role Title: Project Financial Accountant, Retail UK Financial Control Team
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Financial Control acts as a principal point of contact between the Finance Business Partners and Finance Services, takes lead responsibility in ensuring that the control environment around accounting processes is robust and that reporting delivery is timely and to high standards of accuracy.
The Retail UK Financial Control team takes lead responsibility in ensuring that financial information is delivered on a timely basis and to high standards of accuracy. It involves working closely with the Finance Business Partner team to provide commercially insightful analysis of financial performance for senior stakeholders within the Group.
Purpose of the Role
The role is specific for the UK Credit Card business where the individual will be responsible for end to end accounting for the credit card book which has already been sold however will be serviced by the bank for the next 12 months.
The person will be responsible for all aspects of accounting from posting journals, operationally moving the book of bank's balance sheet, managing the trial balance for the new buyer and completing the flash and detailed reporting for the new buyer for the next 12 months.
The person will also work with the migration team to ensure that the credit card book is safely off boarded from the bank's systems as part of the migration project.
- Managing delivery of the monthly and quarterly close process and ensuring that underlying processing, review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice to ensure the accuracy of the general ledger.
- Overseeing production of high quality financial and management reports and prepare commentary/analysis of business unit performance.
- Appropriate review of all financial reports and analysis ensuring that the appropriate supporting detail is in place to substantiate the final balances and preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with Internal Financial Controls governance and framework
- Liaison with colleagues in Financial Control, Accounting Services and the Business Partnering team to ensure effective collaboration, communication and issues resolution.
- Provide financial and analytical support as required by ongoing business requirements and strategic initiatives.
- Migrate the credit card book to the new buyer without any issues from a financial control perspective
What is the opportunity
To work on a key project within Retail UK Division, this will provide significant experience on servicing as a third party, along with experience of managing accounting aspects of systems migration.This role will be the key point of contact for the new buyers and will be accountable for the credit cards business trial balance submitted to the new buyer on a monthly basis.
- Qualified Accountant from a recognised accountancy body with a strong academic ability with minimum 1 to 2 years PQE
Essential Skills & Experience
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines.
- Proven capacity to meet challenging targets and manage competing priorities.
- High energy and a questioning attitude.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Sound knowledge of accounting and banking sector
- Knowledge of BCS and SAP R/3
- Project accounting / Systems migration
- Customer Focused - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce
Closing date: Sep 02, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.